Monday, March 14, 2011

Cloth Diaper Blog Hop

Attention crunchy peeps: here's blog hop for lovers of fluff! All cloth diapering related posts are welcome, but here are some ideas to get you started:

1- What was your first cloth diaper?

2- What is your favorite cloth diaper?

3- What does your ideal stash look like (and how many kids are you diapering)?




I started cloth diapering L when she was 14 months old in an effort to reduce household waste. I purchased a 3 pack of bumgenius 3.0 and was forever hooked. I still have those first diapers I bought and have since converted them to snaps.
H (10m) is in diapers full time and we mostly use prefolds. My stash is ever changing and growing and my most recent purchase was a 4 pack of earth, mom, and baby bamboo fitteds. Fitted diapers tend to be my favorite, tho I have been discouraged with sizing and durability of elastic in the past. We are using prefolds now because maintenance and care are less and they can be used for other things in the future.
The things I like most about cloth diapering are the household waste reduction, reduction of chemical exposure for the kids, and the general cuteness factor!
My favorite diaper is a bumgenius bamboo fitted and my ideal stash would be about 15 of the same diaper- a one size fitted most likely. My newest purchase (earth, mom, and baby) is a likely front runner, but I've also had my eye on the bumgeinus elemental in the past. Ultimately, tho, all cloth diaper addicts know: there will never be a perfect stash. More fluff is always required!



3 comments:

  1. I'm not a cloth diapering mama, but sometimes use cloth with my nanny charges.

    My first cloth diaper was a homemade hemp fitted (by me), my stash is the Green Line diapers, but only for sale. My faves are prefolks/flats with a cover (love upcycled wool covers).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first cloth diapers were Indian pre-folds with Imse Vimse diaper covers. Love those. My favorite diapers are Bum Genius Organic AIOs :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first dipes were econobums. my faves are guerilla fluff. here's my stash, although I have a bunch more now.http://www.youtube.com/user/elisam34?feature=mhee#p/u/12/0mRVjLk9KYI

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog